Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi-headed cross tab structure question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenj68

MIS
Sep 22, 2011
GB
Hi CR2008/ BO XI
I'm looking at creating a dual headed summarised 'x-tab' on a month by month basis, as below, calculating costs against projects. The confusion is what is the best/ more sensible approach to deliver something that has this structure manual cross tab or non-manual cross-tab. I read a thread from lbass which suggested manual approach (formuli in details, etc), but could do with a steer on whether I should go down that route

01/2011 02/2011
Forecast Actuals Forecast Actuals
£ £ £ £

Project name xxx
Project name yyy
Project name aaa
Project name bbb
Project name ccc
Project name ddd
Project name eee

Yours confused of W5

If you can build a single formula which will out put forecast or actual figures then use a standard cross tab. As this is unlikely you will probably need to use a manual cross tab.

Ian

If this is all there is to it, you should just insert a crosstab, use project name as the row field, and date as your first column (go to group options->select on change of month). I'm unclear on what "forecast actuals" is--is this the summary field? If not, then add it as your second column and add sum of costs as your summary field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back