Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Currecy app

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuzMwaura

Programmer
Feb 3, 2011
KE
Does any one has idea how to make an application to utilize multi-currency on runtime. I have the settings file with a default currency I want to use globally.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Hi!

If it is an accounting system, you need to ::
- have a base currency (local currency)
- have all other currencies with a fixed exchange rate (book rate) to the base currency
- have transactions using the current/applicable exchange rate with Currency Loss/Gain being recorded as the difference between the transaction exchange rate and the book rate.

Need more information to give more specific help.

Regards

Thanks Shankar,

To be more specific, I just want to format the currency amount pictures based on the base currency format. E.g. If my based currency format is $, then have the system apply the format to all variables used as currency. if I change base currency format to ¥, its applied across the the board.

Am sorry for not clarifying this earlier

Tuz

Hi Tuz,

There is a 3rd party product called DigitChanger from priced at $39 to do what you want.

Otherwise, create a small template (as shown below) which identifies the controls to change in a window and write the code after Opening the Window to change the picture using PROP:Text of the Entry controls.

Code:
#EXTENSION(CHANGE_PICTURE,'Change Picture format for Controls in a Window'),PROCEDURE
  #DISPLAY('Control(s) to Change Picture')
  #PROMPT('Choose Control',CONTROL),%PictChangeFields,MULTI('Choose Control'),INLINE
#!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#AT(%WindowManagerMethodCodeSection,'Init','(),BYTE'),PRIORITY(8001)
#!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#FOR(%PictChangeFields)
  %PictChangeFields{PROP:Text} = '...Change this to Logic OR Constant according to your needs ...'
  DISPLAY(%PictChangeFields)
#ENDFOR

#ENDAT

Regards

Thank you Shankar,

I was thinking of an extension template route.

Thanks once again

Tuz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back