Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi-Column Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

lldevel

Programmer
Nov 11, 2001
US
Hello,

I am trying to create a report that shows 3 columns, in landscape format. The first two columns need to show data (different record each), and the third column needs to be a fixed set of labels. So it is basically 3 columns 3" each, with the first two being data, the last being a fixed text field. I have not been able to figure out how to do this in Access97 reports. All 3 columns are the entire height of the landscape page.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

LLDevel

I run regular reports with the first column of labels, followed by up to six columns of data from up to six records from the same table.
If both columns come from records on the same table/query, then the following will work.
You use the design view on a main form to set up the labels and a single subreport filling the space where the columns are to go. In the subreport aligned horizontally with the labels set up a column for a single record (use no labels here). While in the subform design mode go to page setup, columns, and select 2 columns. You will then have to alter the spacing etc., to your requirements.
If the data in the columns come from different records in different tables, then you need two subforms.
In either case you need to synchronise the report data source with that of the subreport(s).Remember that most printers need unprintable areas in the margins, and that different printers behave differently!

cOhOnes,

I did what you suggested, combined with a bit of Detail section VBA coding to get it to work. Works great.

Thanks for the tip!

LLDevel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back