Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi Column Report Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketti

Technical User
Aug 13, 2003
US
Hi I'm new to this site so bare with me. I have a multi column report that I'm having a problem with. The report's recordsource is a query. In the query there is a number field [PositionStatus] that is use to determine if a record is an "Addition" or "Deletion". If the [PositionStatus] = 1 then the Item is an Addition or if the [PositionStatus] = 2 then the Item is a Deletion. What I want the report to do is reflect the Additions only on the left side of the report and the Deletions to appear on the right side. I have set the report to be a 2 column report and that doesn't work. One issue I have is that a report can have no Additions and several Deletions or I could have a couple of Additions and several pages of Deletions. Either way both Additions and Deletions, if applicable, must be side by side and no empty spaces, i.e., if there is a Deletion (right side) there is a blank space on the left side, etc. In other words I have to have 2 lists on my report side by side and at times each side row count may vary. I hope this makes since.

Thanks for the help, Sketti

Create a single, narrow report to use as a subreport. Then add this twice (side by side) on a main report. Add two text boxes
Name: txtAddition
Control Source: =1

Name: txtDeletion
Control Source: =2

Then set the Link Master Child properties
Master: txtAddition
Child: PositionStatus

Master: txtDeletion
Child: PositionStatus

It may be that your main report should not have any record source.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Hi Duane, thanks for the reply. I have several questions to your response.

1. Which report(s) gets the recordsource?
2. You say create one narrow subreport yet you mention two link master child properites. There is only one per subreport, right??
3. Do I keep the report a multi column report?
4. Do any fields go on the subreport?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have to put this report to bed. :)

David

Duane you the man!!! I got it to work, thanks. Man I've been working on this puppy for a long long time. Disregard my previous questions.

Thanks, David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back