Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multi boot with onboard RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer46

Programmer
Jun 6, 2002
US
I own an Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard. I am using the on board RAID controller as an extra IDE controller (IDE3 and IDE4) in addition to the regular IDE (IDE1 and IDE2). I installed W2K Professional on the primary master on IDE3. At a later time, I had disconnected that drive from IDE3, and installed W2K Adv Server on a separate hard drive on IDE1. This drive was installed as the primary master also (although on a different IDE channel).

Now I want to connect both drives and dual boot between them. I assume I need to edit the boot.ini file, but I dont know the path (ARC path?) to read from the onboard RAID. If possible, I want to use the boot.ini that resides on the IDE1 drive.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

PS - Looking at each boot.ini independently, each lists themselves as multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back