Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multi acd queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw67

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
GB
is it possible to have multiple acd ques pointed at the same extentions,and give one acd queue priorety over the other.

my thinking is this, we have a busy taxi office and at peak times it is imposible to answer all calls but we can not distinguish between account customers ,regular customers and general calls,so if i gave account customers one telephone number and regular customers another, and created another two acd queues we could give priorety to one queue ie the account queue, is this possible if not do you have any solutions.
thanks
swuk

It is possible, but you need meridian MAX (with multiple queue assignment) or symposium, if you dont have it or dont want to buy it you have to look for another solution.

There are not really a good solution for this in the PBX.
It must be a solution built with lets say 2 or 3 acd queues with somekind of overflow. It's difficult to say exactly how this should be done, as I dont know how many agents you have available and so on.

There might be an option - you will have to setup a test to see if it gives the results you want.

You need two or three queues. One queue that your agents will be in. the others that the account customers and regular customers will call. The high priority queue will have HPQ set to yes and one dummy agent logged in and in not ready. set TOFT to 2 and the OVDN to the real queue.
do the same for the lower priority call but say no to HPQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back