Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mulitple ControlSource or Bound Columns With Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisey

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2000
I have a form with 2 text boxes on it. The field names are Class_Num and Heading. They used to enter data into these field's manually but now I need them to lookup values in another table and populate the 2 text boxes with the results. I am trying to use a combo box for this but alas I cannot figure out how to return both the fields in the combo box to their respective fields in there other table(or form). I there a way to have a multiple bound column in the combo box with a multiple value control source ?? eg :

user selects A010 and Car Cleaning from combo box.

The text box classnum then would contain A010 and the text box heading would contain Car Cleaning.

Please can someone help ??? its bugging me

Create your combobox so that the first column returns the Class_Num and the second column returns Heading and in its afterupdate event add the code:

Me!Class_Num = Me!Combo.Column(0)
Me!Heading = Me!Combo.Column(1)

Change "Combo" to whatever your combobox name is.
Hope this is what you wanted.

Thanks it works great...I knew it would be something simple.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back