Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTSTransactionMode Property - Does it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneezeDragon

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have a DLL containing several classes. The DLL is registered under MTS, but doesn't make use of transactions.

Will I get any difference in performance or behavior if I change the value for MTSTransactionMode for each class from "0 - NotAnMTSObject" to "1 - NoTransactions"? Internally, how does MTS treat these differently?

Thanks in advance!

If the DLL is to run under MTS then MTSTransactionMode shouldn't be 0. If not using Transactions then set the property to 1 - Does not support transactions. With this setting the object won't fulfil the consistency requirement of the 'ACID' test.

Basically, under MTS your objects exist inside or outside transactions. If the property is set to 1, objects are always created outside the context of a transaction and can't later be associated with one. If the property is 2 - 4, the object will always be instantiated within a transaction.

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back