Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS - VB COM object Requires Transaction errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

checht55

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
US
I am trying to run a VB 6.0 COM object within MTS 2.0 to retrieve data from a DB2 5.0 database. If I set the COM object's property within the MTS package to "Requires Transaction" it errors. If I set the object's property to "Does Not Support Transactions" it works fine. Any pointers on why this happens? I need to have it set to "Requires Transactions".

Maybe the transaction is time out.In Transaction Server Explorer right click the computer icon and swicth to option page,you can set the transaction time out value to zero.
Then you can test it again.

Hope this helps you! zallen@cmmail.com
Long live of freedom!

Do you have the service pack for mts that supports transactions for db2? You can get it from one of microsoft's sites. It is also loaded with nt sp5. To find it go to msdn.microsoft.com and search for transactions and db2.

Hi

Do you have your database set to support transactions ?

Hugo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back