Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS Explorer in Windows 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesknees

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
GB
Does MTS come standard with Windows 2000 like it did with the NT Option Pack? I installed everything I could including IIS, MSMQ but I cannot find the explorer anywhere!
Thanks.

Something like this(I don't have 2000 at my desk so I'm trying to remember)...

contol panels->adminstrative tools->COM Services

See if it is there.

Yeah, that's where I looked but it didn't look like the other one that came with NT Option Pack so I didn't think that was it. Thanks, I'll give it a go.

With Windows 2000 you need to think in terms of Component Services (ie. Com+). Com+ is the next version of MTS. To open Component Services in Windows 2000 Server you go to Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services. With Windows 2000 Pro you need to go to the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services. When you open Component Services and drill down thru the Component Services node you'll see COM+ applications, which is the new version of MTS.

Happy Programming.

Hi,

I am new to work on mts i have some knowledge to work on nt now i want to know is how to work in win2000 where should i save my mts file/component and also i need to config the mts on 2000 server so pls tell me the steps of config.

thanks
regards
prashant

Dear Prashantk
you said
"i need to config the mts on 2000 server so pls tell me the steps of config."
You don't have to worry about config about mts,the MTS based componets are now known as COM+ and now MTS is acted as SERVICE in WIN2k so you just have to ADD this service if you haven't after installing the service you are ready to use ur COM+ components just
Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services
Add New Package from there and add ur Compoents (dlls) in that package its very easy to add them from there
But if you want to use these components to be remotely accessed by other client machine then you have to EXPORT ur package you can also EXPORT package from there and it will caread a .MSI file which u can run at the client so ur client is ready to use it...
If you still have any question plz feel free to call me
Regards
Nouman
Senior Software Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back