Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTEXT UNDERLINING MORE THAN EXPECTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

katcar

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
US
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS W/ MTEXT UNDERLINING STUFF I DIDN'T CHOOSE. IT WAS WORKING OKAY UNTIL I HAD TO REINSTALL AUTOCAD. I CHOOSE ONE WORD TO UNDERLINE AND IT UNDERLINES THE WHOLE THING. I LOOKED ON AUTODESK WEB SITE AND DID WHAT THE RECOMMENDED BUT IT DIDN'T WORK. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEM & KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT THE INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS, KAT

Hey Kat-

I had to change my editor to note pad then 'hardcode' the text in that way..ie %%U your underlined text %%U remainder of non underlined text to follow. worked for me. What fix did you find from AutoDesk, I could not find anything...

Hope that helps a little.

John

ALL AUTODESK SAID WAS TO APPLY THE SERVICE PACK AND THAT DIDN'T WORK. KAT

I had that problem with the drawings I recieved from some "genious" engineer, and that problem was multiplying through the drawings. The only solution I found is to _ddedit the multiline text, mark all words, turn the underline ON and then OFF. Some times, that was not successful, but inserting the whole drawing as a block into a new drawing solved all my problems.

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back