Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mtce plan dor Citrix Datastore? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bembden

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2004
US
I am taking over the responsibility for a SQL database with an access front end. We are publishing apps via Citrix 4.5. The sql server has a Citrix Datastore database. My question is what's its function? and should I create a maintenance plan for it.
If I should have a maintenance plan, what should the plan do besides backing it up.

Thanks

The datastore stores static citrix information about published apps, printers, policy settings etc.. effectivly if it goes, all the citrix servers are like ships without a captain, no more published apps, no configs, and i think the servers stop alloing in connections after a certain period of time of "non-communication" (with the datastore, though dont quote me on that)

YES YES YES BACK IT UP! The time and effort it will save you is worth the 10 minutes of SQL config regardless of how big your farm is.

We have a SQL maintenance plan to do a full backup once a week and a transaction log every night at midnight..

YES YES YES BACK IT UP! The time and effort it will save you is worth the 10 minutes of SQL config regardless of how big your farm is.

We have a SQL maintenance plan to do a full backup once a week and a transaction log every night at midnight..

Thanks. Will create a plan for it.

Thanks again

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back