Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTA Stacks Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

retto

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
When I boot up my server the machine hangs and I get a service failed to start error message. The event logs show me that it's related MTA Stacks, but MTA check shows no issues, and eventually Ican start the service. I know the info is pretty general, but I noticed something today, that I didn't catch before. Listed in the MTA Stacks Service Dependencies is a service called NT LM Security Support Provider. It is running, but set to start manually. I have never started this service and was wondering if thats the cause of the hang up at boot. Is the MTA Stacks Service failing because the NT LM is set to manual? Exchange 2000 has SP3 and the box it's on is a Win2K Server SP 4. Any help that can be offered is much appreciated. It's not critical since Exchange eventually starts. But it sure would make life better if things booted easier.

Try clearing out your badmail folder - does that stop the problem from occurring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back