Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTA rights to Domain directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

thickage

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2000
US
I have set up a primary domain in the following directory:
\\server1\grpwise\domain

I have also set up multiple MTAs/domains in this GroupWise system; I was getting errors passing messages to the other domains. I ended up giving the MTA object (from the primary domain) all rights to the domain directory for all the secondary domains; that appeared to work.

Is there any documentation out there that states what rights the MTA should have? I.e., do I have to give full rights to the domain folder, or can I give rights to the wpdomain.db file?

It sounds like you are using UNC paths in your link configuration. This requires a login and the login ID will determin the rights the MTA has.

At the server console's MTA screen press F10, choose CONFIGURATION STATUS and press enter, choose one of your domains and press enter, choose DETAILS and press enter, look up "LAST CLOSURE REASON" and let me know what it says.

If it is blank, duplicate the issue so the domain closes and check again.

Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]

[rofl]

From the Primary Domain, I highlight one of the secondary domains and look at the Last Closure Reason for DOMAIN2 and it says, "Link or Transport Down" - that was over a week ago and it's possible that I had the server down at that point.

I also notice that in the top section, under the heading "Pull", it says Not Configured.

FROM THE PRIMARY DOMAIN (DOMAIN1) MTA'S CONFIG VIEW:
DOMAIN1 Domain Open domain1server/vol:domainpath
DOMAIN2 Domain Open 192.168.10.12 [7100]
DOMAIN3 Domain Open 172.31.0.20 [7100]
POSTOFFC1 Post Office Open 192.168.10.26 [7101]

FROM DOMAIN2 MTA'S CONFIG VIEW:
DOMAIN1 Domain Open 192.168.10.26 [7100]
DOMAIN2 Domain Open domain2serv/vol:domainpath
DOMAIN3 Domain(ind) Open DOMAIN1
POSTOFFC2 Post Office Open 192.168.10.12 [7101]

FROM DOMAIN3 MTA'S CONFIG VIEW:
DOMAIN1 Domain Open 192.168.10.26 [7100]
DOMAIN2 Domain(ind) Open DOMAIN1
DOMAIN3 Domain Open domain3serv/vol:domainpath
POSTOFFC3 Post Office Open domain3serv/vol:pOpath

What can I gather from that information? Looks like domain3 is communicating with POSTOFFICE by path, unlike the previous two domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back