Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msxml3.dll error '80070005' Access is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlawrence

Programmer
Sep 14, 2000
US
I've been researching this problem for days now and am no closer to a resolution. I've searched for solutions on this forum and others, but most do not seem to apply, or the recommended solution had no effect. I hope someone here can help.

This is a simple call to MSXML.TransformNode(). This function and the XSL style sheet are used on several other web sites that I manage without a problem. This web site, however, results in an error message...

msxml3.dll error '80070005'

Access is denied.

Here's a code segment that reproduces the problem:

Code:
' Read the XML from a file.
Dim cXML, XmlDom, XslDom
cXML = FileToStr("TestXMLTransform.xml")
set XmlDom = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
XmlDom.LoadXML( cXML )

call AddGeneralXML(XmlDom)
set xsldom = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xsldom.Load(Server.MapPath("/OrderReview.xsl"))

cTable = xmldom.transformNode(xsldom)

The XML document being transformed (from TestXMLTransform.xml) is a sample order. I've tested this on different orders and the behavior is the same.

As I illuded above, this web site is a copy of a template that I use on several others. This has never been a problem before. Furthermore, I generally work from my local server before posting to the live server. The local server works fine! F.Y.I. Both the local and the live servers are running Windows 2003 with IIS6.

Also, if I take the same test code above and put it on another web site on the live server, it works fine!

If I place the code in an admin folder of the problem web site (which requires a login) the procedure works fine.

So, the only thing left (it seems to me) is something with permissions, or the configuration of this web site. So...

I exported the configuration from another web site (where things work) and re-imported it as a duplicate in IIS on the live server. I then pointed the new web site to the same IP and home folder for the problem web site, and I get the "Access is denied." error. I think that means that it's not the IIS configuration.

The security permissions on the home folder are the same as other web sites. I've checked and re-checked these ad-nausium.

I sure could use some new thoughts on where to go from here.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

O...M...G...!

I just took one more look at the permissions settings on the home folder for the web site. There were permissions set for another web developer who is no longer working on the project. So, I deleted that permission (which was liberal), and the problem seems to be gone. I can make no sense of this. This user account has nothing to do with the IUSER... account.

I'm still in disbelief. I'll check it again in the morning. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back