Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSXML Parser use in Netscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endbringer

Technical User
Jan 18, 2002
US
Is it possible to use the MSXML Parser in Netscape 7?
Maybe I'm way off here or something.

Endbringer

Netscape does offer XML support, but it does not use the proprietary MSXML parser that I'm aware of.

I have the same concerns, and I am new to XML as well.

I'm just wondering....If I manipulate my XML data files on the server side using Microsoft's XML Parser, and then send the HTML to the browser, will it then be browser independent?

Will itr work in both IE and Netscape.

knuckle05 - yes, if you process XML server-side, all you end up sending the browser is plain old HTML. While HTML is not quite as browser independent as we'd all like ;-), at least you won't have to worry about sending your XML client-side.

Endbringer - GiffordS is correct in saying Netscape does not use the MSXML parser. Netscape 6 and 7 have a different built-in XML parser (I believe "Expat" by James Clark). Netscape 4 (like Internet Explorer 4) does not have built-in XML parsing capbility.

Hope this helps. -k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back