Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSWord 97: replace, ^p

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel

Programmer
Feb 17, 2002
NL
I wrote a piece of code in VB that replaces certain characters in a Word document with a paragraph-ending.
Code:
With objWord.Documents(strMergeNaam)
  With .Content.Find
    .Execute "[bnrnl]", True, False, False, False, , , , , "^p", wdReplaceAll
As you see, I use "^p" for paragraph-end.
This works fine, but now it seems that it crashes for users in another country. Why? Because "^p" is not valid, the code for paragraph-end is: "^a".

So: there must be language-setting somewhere that is different. However: I can't find which one!
Does anybody know which setting determines that the code for "paragraph-end" is "^a" instead of "^p" ?

Have you checked the Regional Settings in Control Panel?

Thanks for replies!

kina1:
I've been messing around with regional settings and the language settings in the document itself, but I couldn't reproduce it (don't have much time, and I can't take a peek on the custumers client-machines to see what settings they use).
mscallisto:
that's exactly what I did, works fine (as far as I can see) problem is: I'll have to send a new dll, which will have to be installed and tested, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back