Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSVCP60.DLL linking to MSVCRT.DLL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbgolf

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm running Win 98 2nd Edition. After booting my PC, I get the pop up window "Error Starting Program, The MSVCP60.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:_lc_collate_cp."

When I searched for these files, the MSVCP60.DLL file is in the C:\Windows\System directory. File properties show version 6.00.8168.0.

Searching on the MSVCRT.DLL file showed 7 occurences. The one in the C:\Windows\System directory is version 5.00.7128. Another is in the C:\WINDOWS\ws2bakup directory, file version 5.00.7303. The other occurences were in non Windows system directories. Of these other occurences, I found different versions. I found versions 6.00.8168.0, 4.20.6201, 5.00.7303.

Microsoft has a libraries update that resolves an issue that can cause some third-party software to behave unexpectedly after the installation. The update is at:
Since this update relates to the Msvcrt.dll file would this be a logical step in fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jpbgolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back