Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msvbvm60.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence74

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
US
One of my users has just installed my software in his WinXP PC and gets a rather generic error message when he tries to run any of my applications. It says "DOMSupportApp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I click on the link for more information on the error it tells me that the culprit is msvbvm60.dll. The first thing that I tried was re-installing my software on his PC, and that did not work. I made sure that his PC had the named file installed in the System32 directory. It was an older version (6.0.96.90) so I updated the PC with the update from service pack 6 (to version 6.0.97.82) and he still gets the error. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try in fixing this bug? This is the first time I have encountered this and I have almost 100 users who succesfully use my programs every day...

Thanks,
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back