Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSTR not recognizing new columns in SQL Server table

Status
Not open for further replies.

robpotter

Technical User
Aug 17, 2003
US
Need advice on urgent issues: MSTR 7.2.0 Desktop not ecognizing new columns in SQL Server table.

After I added new physical columns (alter table) and populated them (update table), MSTR warehouse schema will not recognize the new columns in tables.

I have checked the column datatypes and permissions are same as others. The database instance uses same login as the transact-sql.

Any hints or suggestions? How does MSTR update the columns. Doesn't it check the table structure when saving warehouse catalog? Was this addressed in subsequent release? Are there technical notes that discuss?
Thanks.

Robert

After you open the warehouse catalog, you have to right-click on the table name and click update. MSTR forces you to tell it to update so you don't accidentally change columns or data types if you temporarily repoint your schema to a different database.

entaroadun

Thanks for quick response. I thought I had tried clicking on table from within warehouse catalog. Rather, I must have done something else like left-click. Now the new columns appear within schema.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back