Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSS Subsciber Activity Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

bseymour

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
US
We are running Modular Messaging 5.2 in QSIG configuration. In reviewing our activity logs, any call answer event depicts "unknown caller". Even for internal calls. How can I see the extension number of the caller who was routed to the mailbox via a call answer condition. I can see the extension if it's a VM condition, but not CA.

I remember a time when it would display in these logs. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

do you mean the logs in the MSS for the subscriber activity ?

If so i don't remember seeing it in that log only in the OHV.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I remember years ago. Perhaps with MM 2.x and I'm not seeing it in OHV either.

Message Storage server is not integrated with the PBX so it will always state 'unknown' in the Subscriber Activity log. The Operation History Viewer on the MAS will be the place to view the number for the Calling number.

If you look at the PBX Integration log with the date/time of the caller, what do you see there?

What service pack/patch for MM are you currently running at for the 5.2 version?

Is this E1 or T1 QSIG?

but the calls are covering to the right mailboxes right ?

Ken Means

We are E1 and the calls do cover to the proper mailboxes. No issue with functionality.

can you post a few lines from the OHV so i can see what you are talking about ?
It should show the number as long as it is being sent. What config note did you use ?

When the system was upgraded did you have to redo the E-1 settings at all?

Have you checked the Dialogic settings to make sure they are all set right ?

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back