Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSS LD Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I have an old warning alarm on my 5.1 MSS of 'LD --- LFE--- code 1 The doc references that the postmaster mailbox should be set to the maximum of 64 mbytes on the COS. When I look at the mailbox called postmaster it is in a different COS than ELA, but is set to 139 minutes, which is longer than the system ELA COS of 82 mins. What's the correct way to clear this?

The Maximum message length on the system was wrongly configured on the MSS. If the MAS sends a message of 5 minutes to the MSS and the Maximum message length on the MSS is only configured for 2 minutes, it rejects the message, and the message stays on the MAS spool folder.
Problem Fix/Workaround/Solution

Need to increase the maximum message length size on the MSS.
Resolution Plan

1. Log into the MSS with Craft credentials.
2. Open the Messaging Attributes.
3. Set the Maximum Message Length to at least 15 minutes.
4. Save the configuration.
5. Once you restart the MAS service, you can see events 1461, indicating messaging are getting delivered from the Spool folder to the MSS

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back