Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSS Alarm (SA SPIRIT 3 MAJ) on MM 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepetersen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2010
US
I installed SP7 rfu on the MSS and it took 4 times for all 6 files to be loaded. I am preparing the 2-MAS MSS storage MM for an upgrade to 5.2 and needed to load SP7 P2 to the MSS. After patches were loaded I ran the PubVT tool and it came up with this error.

An upgrade should not be performed until the following errors are resolved:
Active MAJOR Alarm, APP SA, Resource SPIRIT, Code 3,
Date 6/29/11 18:14
Unable to access the MAS database

I am able to ping both the name and IP of the MAS1. Normal operations of the voice mail system seem to be working.

Has anyone seen this error before and know of the remedy?

This error means the MSS does not have or can not see the backup files from the MAS.

Do you know if the MAS is backing-up ? It should run every night at 10:00 PM and it backs up to a share on the MSS. Did you install this system ?

was it joined to the domain ? From the MAS can ou see in networks the MSS and the shares on it? If not you need to rejoin the domain and look again at the network share.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I can see the MAS backup shares and the MAS backups are running.
I didn't install the system but my company did. The system is registered with Avaya so I don't have the Linux access to verify what the MSS sees in /backup/mas/backups directory. It is joined to the domain.

I opened a ticket with Avaya finally and it looks like they used KB01059455 as they saw corruption in the SPIRIT xml file. I still don't see a reference to the alarm on the support site. Do you have an article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back