Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSPS vs Premavera

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterb02

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2007
US
I am putting together information on the differences between MSPS 2003 and Premavera tool. I am pretty sure I am going down the road of choosing MSPS as the tool, however I want to make sure I cover all bases. Does anyone have thoughts on these tools (I have not used either). My criteria are:
Cost
Implementation
Training
Performance
Maintenance
Management
Required Support

Thanks!

You have more than likely had to make your decision already. The decision to use Microsoft or Primavera is a difficult one. It would somewhat depend on the amount of time and effort you are going to put into your schedules. Microsoft project is very easy to use if you are used to the Microsoft software family. However if you are going to be using your scheduling software as a Project Management "tool". (Manpower projections, detailed reports) I would recommend using Primavera.

However #2 - if your decision is based on cost, Microsoft is definitely cheaper. but it is somewhat, "You get what you pay for".

I hope this helps a little bit, and that it is not too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back