Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSProxy 3.0 and WindowsXP/Office XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thilton

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
Hello All,

I recently installed some Windows XP workstations with Office XP for a client that's running Proxy Server 3.0 on an NT 4 server. They were using W95 systems before the upgrade. Now that XP is in I can get to the web using the browser but I cannot send or receive any email using OutlookXP or Outlook Express. I get a message saying that the server cannot be found. I know for a fact that the mail server is running and can connect to it using the web interface and login without issue. In Outlook Express I also get a Socket Error 11054 which says the information is valid but it can't connect to the server, similar to what you'd expect with a DNS problem.

I used the proxy server configuration information from the Win95 systems to configure the XP systems.

Does anyone know of any existing issues with MS Proxy 3.0 and Windows XP? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help and insight.

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back