Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSP 2010 - ResourcePool.mpp > "There is a problem with the Calendar name." 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
MS Project 2010 (14.0.7162.5000 SP2)

I can connect my project file to the 'ResoursePool.mmp' file on a Shared Drive on our WAN via the 'Resource Pool - Share Resources' dialog box.
The resources show accurately in the Resource Sheet and I can add any and all resources while in the GANTT view.

The issue cones when I try to save the project file and I get this error box :

Microsoft Project
"There is a problem with the calendar name."
"The calendar name does not exist."
"Click a calendar in the list and then press enter."

I have tried to click a calendar name and this does not solve this issue... therefore I cannot get the resources assigned to the tasks in the project file.

Has anyone worked on this issue before and if so would you assist please ?

My guess is that there has been an interruption in the connection between your project file and the pool file through the WAN. If you open the files, make one assignment and save does it work? How stable is your WAN connection? Any slight interruption causes project (particularly older versions) to go into a tail spin.

The WAN is stable with all other applications that I am aware of.

I have noticed, in other posts, that the use of MS Project 2010 over a WAN has been a concern. Does Microsoft have documented recommendations for using MSP over a WAN ?

I understand that using of MS Access over a WAN has to be well understood before implementation....perhaps the same is true for MSP ?

No Microsoft created documentation that I am aware of. I think the same concerns from Access apply to Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back