Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSOWCF.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafe

Technical User
Aug 18, 2000
US
Hi All,

Trying to clean things up in the last few weeks of this job. So I'm a bit... well stressed. I discovered all of these potentially useful date functions that would really help speed up final delivery & blissful departure B-)

Just a taste

EOMONTH function
NETWORKDAYS function

Sure I can write these function in VBA but time... time!

Problem is... I can't seem to get msowcf.dll to work by referencing it in the Access VB reference list. I've been to the MS site to see if they have some info & I've done a search here... No go.

Please tell me that I'm missing the obvious & that this is the easiest post of the day. ;-)

Hi Rafé! I don't think so and no, I don't think so!

Right from F1 help:

Not all object libraries or type libraries can be accessed by Visual Basic. This error has the following cause and solution:

You tried to use the Add References dialog box to add a reference to a type library or object library that can't be used by Visual Basic.
Check the documentation for the object represented by the library to see if it's available in some other form that Visual Basic can use.

but you read that already right? :) How do you know what's in it? Which program were you using?
Gord
ghubbell@total.net

mmmm...

I didn't know that! Thanks!

I did get to the NETWORKDAYS function in excel but it wasn't thru the *.dll.

Actually, I was doing a search in my Ms. VBA help... which is where I learned of these functions.

Grrrr!

OK time to roll my own ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.