Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSO141, Reviewing Req's in MIMS 3:13S 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semaj1

MIS
Nov 15, 1999
CA
Need help from other MIMS users. We have implemented all of Mims 3:13S modules and are finding that our end users are having a difficult time finding their requistions in MIMs. The current functionality must have been written for some

We have a 'REQUESTED BY' option (6) on our MSO141 screen. Using this and the other criteria on the screen, we can get what I think you are asking for...<br>
<br>
What other criteria do you want them to select on?<br>

we are looking to improve the 141b screen. It does not satisfy our end users. Description of item would be a start.

Searching on 'REQUESTED BY' is very helpful. The most useful field is the 'MATERIAL GROUP CODE' which is a 6 character field the user enters at the time a requisition is created. Some users enter the equipment number or an abbreviation of what they are requisitioning. This 'MATERIAL GROUP CODE' helps distinguish one req. from another when looking at a list. The same 'MATERIAL GROUP CODE' can be used multiple times. I usually search by 'REQUESTED BY' then I select the requistion using the 'MATERIAL GROUP CODE'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back