Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSN messenger restarts server

Status
Not open for further replies.

montee

Technical User
Aug 11, 2005
IE
Hi all i am running windows 2003 server enterprise edition
I have NAT services running on the server and my problem is this there is a particular users msn messenger that causes the server to restart if you logon with another user acct on this machine there is no problem but when he uses his acct the server restarts you can run msn messenger on any machine on the lan and it will work perfectly but on this machine the server will sometimes restart.
Does any one have an idea on how i can solve this one

Hi tnx for the comment but I cant do that i have to find a way to work around this

does he login locally to the server with his user account then start msn, and that is what makes the server crash???
or is he logging on to another PC and his msn makes the server crash?

in any case, its not normal.

Is he using Windows messenger integrated into the OS, or the separately installed MSN ?

Aftertaf
We shall prevail, and they shall not

tnx aftertaf for ur time he is using the seperately installed msn 7.5.
I have even tried his acct on another machine on the lan as i was thinking that this might be a NIC problem but the same thing occured the server still restarts

have you tried...out of currisity...uninstalling it, and reinstalling MSN?

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant
HND, BSc HONS, CCNA, BCS, IETF, DMTF

Hi all i have more info on this problem hope this will help
whenever i get the blue screen this is the error i always get Driver_irql_Not_Less_or_Equal Ndis.sys Address f932352c base at F9320000 Date stamp 3e80172f
I hope this info will assist further, i am at my wits end someone help!!

Still not clear on what is going on.

The user is using MSN IM on a WORKSTATION and that is remotely causing the server to reboot?

Can the user successfully log into Passport with the same credentials they are trying to use in IM?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back