Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSN Internet Access - How to stop this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

david196

Technical User
Nov 28, 2004
GB
Hi
I have just installed Win98SE onto ny computer. I have put my own dial up connection onto my computer. The problem is when I open up IE6 this annoying window comes up "Welcome to MSN Internet Access" and it makes me go through the process of forming a connection to the internet. Cancelling out of this window does not solve the problem. I solved the problem by right clicking on IE6 icon on my desktop and changed the home page to blank.
However, I can't think of a way to stop this window popping up when I try to open Outlook Express. I can't get at Outlook Express because of this bloody window. Please, how do you get Windows to stop being 'helpful!'

You might also want to post in forum608, "Browser issues

Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> Windows Setup tab.....Online services >> Details button...de-select MSN Network and All the other garbage - it's ancient and broken anywayZ - click OK and OK
Reboot

Go to d/l and install FireFox and ThunderBird for Email
Set them as Default
End of internet exploder and outtaluck xpress probs
[smile]

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back