Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSN and MSN Messenger...Remove it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toonah

Technical User
May 23, 2001
US
Can I remove Messenger and have MSN still work? of course the tech help says you can't do that or whole thing will explode my CPU. If so, how to remove? Or....how can I reset for no auto start up when starting MSN? Or this all just part of life with this huge, bloated, power robbing, slow, painful software? thanks

No need to remove it, just open up the program, go to options, then general, you will see a box that says "start msn messenger with windows", just uncheck that box and hit apply and ok and it will no longer load up when windows does.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

That is unchecked. everything is unchecked but the second one grays out when you uncheck them all. this one remains checked and gray and is about open Mess main window when MSN starts......catch 22 here. I have to open it and sing out each time.

I meant sign out....I looked at this Micro article and it does not mention W2K Pro. Same for this and XP Pro? thanks for pointing out this link.

If your on windows 2000 you can simply go to add/remove programs and remove it and no problems will happen.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back