Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSL6000: Hardware Failure reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3n85

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2006
US
We have a HP MSL6000 series tape backup library and have recently been having problems through Backup Exec. Last weekend I had been running our full monthly, which starts with Windows servers & Novell on one job, then Mac/Unix on the following job. It did the first job okay with 298 gb then on the verify:

An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in HP 2. V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

Once the job failed @ 6 hrs, the append job of Mac/Unix started up and received:

Storage device "HP 2" reported an error on a request to write data to media.
Error reported:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. V-79-57344-34029 - A hardware error occurred.

I then came back to try some trouble shooting (Veritas online guide didn't help) and re-installing new updated drivers helped and was able to run a job. After tinkering with the jobs and make differentials work, I tried running our fulls again to off-site them and the first job went fine and logged:

An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in HP 2. V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

Now I've just been testing random jobs and was able to write a job @ 1,698,931 bytes, but fails and reports hardware failure @ 1,751,452 bytes.

Right now I'm at a loss... anyone have $.02 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back