Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSL5026 - Unable to access using HP L&TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCBackup

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

ive just been given a new server to configure, which is running Windows 2K3. It has Brightstor 11.0 installed.

The problem is the tape library firmware is really old (rev 0233) and i need to update this ASAP. However, when trying to access it thru HP L&TT tools, either:

a) The device reports as being as opened exclusively by another program, and the device is unselectable.

b) If i disable the library in Windows then reboot the server, the device becomes available, but when trying to select it, reports that:

"An error occured while the diagnostic function was started for the selected device".

And i can get no further. The library and drive sit on the same SCSI card, LSI Adapter 320 ULTRA SCSI.

Any ideas?

Try stopping the Brightstor tape engine before using the HP tools to connect to the library. Sometimes Brightstor locks the device, even from windows if ESD is not enabled in the brightstor device configuration.

Didnt work either. Got HP coming tomorrow to fix this hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back