Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msjava.dll not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidn

MIS
Jul 27, 2000
US
I installed an old version of intuit quickbooks pro (2001) on a windows xp machine. there is an executable, qbdagent.exe which tries to start on reboot but fails because msjava.dll connot be found. I have searched microsoft futilely and intuit. then spoke with a quickbooks tech rep who advised that xp does not have java support and the only resource for msjava.dll would be sun microsystems. so far i have been unable to locate it there either. can anyone point me to a copy that will register successully on win xp pro?

If you want to run Java on XP, I would bin the supplied versions you have tried, download a version (SDK 1.4._02 is fine) fom the Sun site ( , and install it.

You'll be away (once the CLASSPATh and PATH environment variables are set up etc) !

I was in the same position as you but found the answer under Help and Support - Quickbooks 2001 Knowledge Base - Compatibility with Microsoft Windows XP.
As you can sse, there is a msjavx86.exe file on the Quick Books 2001 Install CDRom which you can transfer to your hard drive.

I do not get the same error message now. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back