Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MsiInstaller: Product: Symantec AntiVirus Win64 --Installation failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

davy2k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2007
JP
Hi all,
I just clean install Symantec Antivirus corp. edition version 10.1.5.5002 after being able to unlock 10.0.0.0 version all the WinXP/2000 showed up in the SSC but the servers appear offline with the 10.0.0.0 still showing.

I then uninstalled on one of the servers and tried to use ClientRemote Install it appears successful on the SSC but when I checked Event viewer on the remote Windows 2003 server it shows "MsiInstaller error: Product: Symantec AntiVirus Win64 -- Installation failure"
I have searched the internet for the source of this error even symantec site doesn't have any solution.

has anyone encountered this kind of error???

thanks in advance

I saw the same thing just the other day. I don't know if the installation routine mistook the server as 64 bit or what. I ended up installing the client manually and life was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back