Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSIE ,cant delete history

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohhdamn

Technical User
Jul 5, 2001
US
I cant get rid of history with internet explorer it says its gone but not really,you can goto open file and type a letter and a whole bunch of old sites will pop up.The whole explorer was just recently reinstalled,still didnt help,,sound familiar?

You may be talking about the autocomplete history:

1. right-click on the taskbar, choose properties, click the Start Menu Programs tab and click the Clear button.

2. To clear forms and passwords information, go to Tools>InternetOptions, click the Content tab, click the AutoComplete button, and choose Clear Forms and Clear Passwords.

3. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options, click the Advanced tab and uncheck "use inline autocomplete for web addresses" and "use inline autocomplete in Windows Explorer"

4. Backup the registry and/or export the following keys:
go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW

and delete any encypted entries that are listed in the right pane window.

OR

If you're familiar with DOS, you do this:
It will totally clean everything.

Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart In MS-DOS Mode, and then click OK.

At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command, and pressing Y if you are prompted to confirm folder deletion:

cd\windows
smartdrv
deltree cookies
deltree history
deltree tempor~1
exit

The neccessary files and folders will be rebuilt on startup.

reghakr

reghakr, hows it goin, sorry to post in here, but I was wondering if you knew if there was a registry setting in Win98 for Outlook Express 5, that sets the limitation size of a signature for email....
Im trying to help someone in Tek-Tips, but can only get so far...here is the thread if you wouldnt mind having a look...
thanks.
thread605-158326 Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

No problem,

Although that's one thing I've never done myself.

I thought I had it immediately. I looked at the first question, then went to
and typed in:
WARNING ! Your signature file is too large. The 2nd link took me directly to:

Then I scrolled down and saw you already found that. But it says it's for Outlook express 4.0

I'll try creating one myself but I'm using Outlook Express 6.0, so i don't know if that will make a difference either.

I tried a little experiment by using Comtech's signature w/logo, saved it as html in Word 2000. The size was 3.81KB. I'd contact hime, he should know.

reghakr

OK, thanks for your help, its got me stumped! but I won't let it beat me!!!

Keep on winning! Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back