Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSI GF Ti4200 and XP, 3d = crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsalmBlaster

Technical User
Jul 27, 2002
CA
Everytime i try to view ANYT 3d (from GTAIII to the 3D text screensaver preview) my computer restarts and tells me to send a report yo microsoft about my Geforce running an infinite loop, tried 2 sets of drivers, always happens, any ideas?

I know there were some issues with GF4's and certain motherboards.
Manufactures had to play catchup and post updated bios's on there websites to fix these problems and allow the GF4 to run OK.
Obviously I don't know your setup but a bios flash may help? Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

After looking at the MSI website, I dread to even try updating my BIOS, it worked before, with win2k win98 and winME, my motherboard gives one beep when i look at 3d text saver preview, the mouse works ok, but shows no text, then it restarts.. if thats any help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back