Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSI deploys through GPO ... but doesn't install until clicked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikestik

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2003
US
I have a 2k domain ... and a GPO for (2) OU's that installs an application. The application installs ... accordingly. But a desktop icon appears that once the user clicks on it...the application then congigures itself leaving a duplicate icon.

There is no option in the msiexec /a filename.msi to prevent a desktop icon .. so I am a bit confused why I am getting two of them.

Please advise. If it helps I am deploying Cirtrix Client 10.

Sounds like it is creating a shortcut in the all users profile as well as the user profile of the logged on user. Anything in the Citrix Knowledge Base reagrding this?

If i remember right, you have to make sure to select ASSIGNED. If you select PUBLISHED I think you get a desktop shortcut when you set up your group policy. Once the app is published, it will still only install the first time you try to open an associated doc or whatever.

If you put the .MSI package under the User branch of the policy, then the package will be published. If you put it under the Computer branch of the policy then it will be assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back