Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSHTA.EXE Error from Add/Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
Ok here is a reall stumper. I use W2000 and when ever I try to access the Add/Remove Program as soon as it loads an error occurs, MSHTA.EXE has generated errors...blah blah then the Add/Remove program will crash. I have done the W2000 Repair and it still does this, I even tried to copy the EXE from another W2000 PC and it still does it. I do not want to reinstall W2000 so anyone know what I can do?

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Thanks I was afraid that, I did this already and it still failed. I am now looking at a complete format/install I guess. DAM DAM DAM! Any ideas on how this occured in the first place so I can ensure it does not happen again?
>:-<[mad]

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

&quot;There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way.&quot;

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Hello again,

The ms article said else "in-place upgrade", a euphemism!

How about trying your own repair, before ultimately "upgrade", with [start|run]:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\appwiz.cpl
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\webvw.dll

regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back