Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSG lights are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBPS

MIS
Apr 6, 2001
US
We have a Merlin Legend and a Merlin Mail voice mail system. The message waiting lights are not working now. We have rebooted both systems and still nothing. I cannot find any technical documentation on these systems . I thank you for your help

Make sure that all the extension ports work, call each port individually to test. One port might be bad.

Make sure all your voice mail ports are Rotary enabled.

Faffy

Try sending the message on and off codes manually.

if this works let me know.

In order for the Mail system to light the MWI's on a Merlin extension, certain criteria must be met. 1) The extension must be in a voice mail coverage group 2) That coverage group must be handled by the calling group used for voice mail 3) That calling group for voice mail must be set up as an integrated VMS calling group 4) There must be a voice mailbox matching the extension.

I have a related question:

How do I get the MWI's to shut off?? I have performed a clear under system but on the MLX phones they are still lit up, but on the BISs they are fine.

There is not any messages waiting (heck, there isnt a voicemail system hooked up!)

Thanks

Knowing that you have to Rotary enable to get the message lites working - how do you do this with Legend 3.0?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back