Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msflexgrid- entering data and saving it to DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

zann

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
ZA
Hi guys

i have been having alot of problems regarding msflexgrids. I want to have a flexgrid that when the form loads it populates the relevant cells with the info from the DB. This is working fine. the user is also allowed to change values of cells and add new records as they wish, this is working, but the problem that I am having, is that when the user closes the form the data they have edited and added must be saved to the DB. I am aware that there are a no of ways to solving my problem but I am not sure which one is the best and most reliable. I have so far been successfully adding the new records created by the user to the DB with no problem but I am not sure how to approach the problem of saving what the user has edited.

I think that one could use a recordset's datasource as an option although my knowledge of this is limited. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

thanx in advance...
ZanN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back