Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msflexgrid and datasource

Status
Not open for further replies.

zann

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
ZA
Hi

Does the datasource property of the msflexgrid, ensure that when u change something on the msflexgrid it automatically changes it in the db? or does it only populate the Msflexgrid?

The program that I am busy with must populate an msflexgrid and then allow the user to change any details they wish. I have got the part working where they can change the values in the cells but I need to know how to save these changes to the DB, this is why I need to know how a datasource works.any code examples or links would be appreciated.

thanx in advance

I am not sure but I would say no because the Flexgrid, by design cannot be edited directly. Therefore there would be no need to have it update a datasource.

I like to use the flexgrid to display data I hold in arrays and then I update the arrays and database, through code, as needed. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back