Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msexchange 5.5 error 4294966767

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmurphy

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Help. Our MicroSoft Exchange Information Store will not start. I've done all I can think to do. Made space on primary drive (C) and tried to make space where the Optimizer redirected the files (d drive). Did this twice. I've done a restore from backups from the last day it worked. Nothing! I'm now getting MSExchangeIS log disk is full. I have no idea where to find this log. And when I do can I delete the contents. Which by the way I have deleted some log (txt) files they were dated from 1999 to december 2003. Figured they were just e-mail messages and it wouldn't hurt anything.

Is there a way to globally set ranges for users or will I have to set ranges on each individual exchange uers mail box?

We are lost without our Calendars, contacts and the e-mail messaging capability. Can someone please help me?

When you say globally set ranges do you mean set limits on amount of email in their mailbox on the server?

Yes. I see where I can set it individually, but I was told there is a way to set the Information Store storage limits. Right now it say to use information store defaults. Where do I change this?

In Exchange Admin under Configuration -> Servers -> Server Name -> Private Information Store. Highlight the private information store and select "Properties". It should be the first thing you see.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back