Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSExch5.5+WinNT4SP6a - POP3 13003 Auth Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

techer

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
AU
Remote clients trying to log on to my Exchange 5.5 SP3 Server are getting their mailboxes displayed with no new content since Wednesday 21st May. On that day, I attempted to recreate the Exchange service account. After verifying its settings, group membership and user rights, I re-verified its permissions on the Exchange Organisation/Site/Configuration/Server objects within Exchange Admin.

Despite all this, I am receiving the following error in the Application Log;

Event ID - 13003
Source - MSExchange POP3
Description -
Logon attempt from xx.xx.xx.xx to mailbox_alias has failed: HrLookupCredentials() call failed with error A required privilege is not held by the client..

Users cannot see any new mail (remotely) - MAPI connections to their mailboxes show all new mail.

Also, I have set up a mail profile for the Exchange Service Account using Outlook 98 on the exchange server (as required by my Backup agent). When I try to run Outlook98 with this profile, I receive the following DR Watson error.
"An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated.

OUTLOOK.exe

Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x627eeb1

Nothing corresponding to the above DR Watson error shows up in the Event Log.

Thanks for your help!

Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back