Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSEXCH:IS The Restore process is already in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdc2001

Instructor
Sep 10, 2001
GB
Anyone seen this before:

MSEXCH:IS Non-cluster environment on node PECKHAM.
MSEXCH:IS
MSEXCH:IS Backing up Microsoft Exchange Information Store ...
MSEXCH:IS HrBackupGetDatabaseNames: The Restore process is already in progress.
MSEXCH:IS
MSEXCH:IS svmain.c(930): process_is_backup() = 0xc7ff0004
MSEXCH:IS Exiting with error status -939589628: unknown error -939589628 (0xc7ff0004)

This backup is the first to start of a night and has been working fine for months.

Any Ideas as to what I can do?

Hey,

I had this problem a while back.. I seem to remember having to delete a registry setting called something like "restore operation in progress". Try searching the registry..

Good Luck!

-ag100

Ag100,

That sounds good but what do you do when your Messaging group has verified that there are no "restore in progress" keys to delete? We are seeing this on 3 Exchange servers intermittently. I have a ticket opened with Legato. I will update this thread as soon as I find out the resolution. In the meantime, I welcome any other users who have this problem to post it. Thanks.

I am getting nowhere fast with this, anyone else had any joy?

Yep, my log is littered with this message sporatically. It
comes and goes on each exchange server so I don't thing the
registry key is permanant fix.

Server in Networker 6.0.3, Exchange clients are W2K running
the Exhchange Module 2.0.x still.

Does this mean our exchange backups are no good?

Ok,

Here's the scoop. Its a bug within the Legato BSM for Exchange. I have talked with Legato Engineering and they are aware of this problem. Although you may see the message "Restore in Progress" there are none going on. If it was, your Information Store would be brouught down to perform the restore. We have not seen the Information Store being brought down. My guess, its a bug but does not affect anything. Does anyone have any info that says differently? Don't know how long its going to take to fix it but will let you know when its fix. Thanks

Which version of the BSM has this bug, that is, which version are you using?

// Matts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back