Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSDN will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

domt

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
Am moving fram VB6 to VB2005.
After installing VB.net I tried to install MSDN.
The first disk sent error message 1305 and said that file
eau_kbofficekb.hxs failed to install.
Assuming the file on the disc is corrupt, I checked with Microsoft but couldn't find it.
Can anyone help me on this?

CAUSE
This issue may occur if one of the following conditions are true:
• There is a configuration issue with the CD-ROM drive.
• The MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is damaged or is not installed properly.
• There is an issue with the CD-ROM media. For example, the program CD-ROM is damaged or dirty.

Thanks for your response, but I'm at a loss as to what to do or how to go about resolvibg the problem.
Further attemps to run the disc gave notice that other files failed to copy or update :KB885836
KB892180
ENU_KBWINMISCH.hxs
domt

Try copying the contents of the CD/DVD to a temp folder on C:\, and install from there.

Chip H.

Thanks for your suggestion, Chip.
I did as you suggested, but many files would not install.
Does anyone know a contact source at Microsoft that can help? I probably need new disks.
domt

Try installing a compatible version of MSDN first; I think there is a check box on the VS install that asks to use MSDN for the help files. I never had luck installing any MS Office or earlier versions of VB without doing the MSDN install first.

"Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back