Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msdn library discs for visual studio 6.0, lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1car

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
Help,

I've lost my library discs for visual studio "enterprise" and I'm trying to install the total softwaqre on my new computer.

I've been all through microsoft's MSDN web pages but can't find where to order the replacement discs from, I do remember seeing this issue on this forum before.

Can anyone here help with a complete
URL and not just search the MSDN web pages?

f1car,

First of all... "Lost????"... OK.

Second, you don't want them. You may never have had them installed, in which case you don't know what you're not missing.

Upon installation of VS6 and MSDN, I immediately de-installed MSDN Collection. I Hate It.

Instead, I downloaded the Visual Basic 5 Help Files from the Microsoft Website, There is not a lot in these that doesn't apply in VB6.

And Thirdly, OK... Maybe you want the CD's for something other than Visual Basic, Get an MSDN Subscription from msdn.microsoft.com and download them or get them sent to you via post. The MSDN Subscription service still provides the Versions for VS6, but they are shipped from the US.

Hope this helps

P.S. I've just woke up.

jgjge3.gif
[tt]"Very funny, Scotty... Now Beam down my clothes."[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back