Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSCRM 4.0 - Summarization Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTravis

Programmer
Jul 14, 2010
US
I need to create a summary report, which groups information by each sales rep. and displays a count of different activities they've done over a given period of time (Calls, Appointments, Completed Sales, etc).

I have looked into using the Report Wizard, but it doesn't appear to allow for any summarization of this nature. I can't find any of the prebuilt reports that will fit my requirements either, and I would like to add some custom logic to the report as well, to give ranks to each sales rep based on their stats.

What is the best way about going about this task? I have not been able to find anything on any forums, or google that help me with my particular need, although I do admit I'm not familiar with the CRM terminology as this is my first attempt at anything with it.

I've started creating a desktop application and just querying the database, but I would assume there has to be a better way.

Thanks for any information

Hi

Look at Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, you should have this installed along with SQL server. There are plenty of books to help and also courses held all over the country.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Ingham
Prior Analytics Ltd (UK)
GoldMine, HEAT, Sage CRM and Microsoft CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back