Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSComm32.ocx

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDeal

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
US
How do I get to use MSComm32.ocx with my Access 2000 application? I have registered it successfully and can see it, but none of the properties work for me.

can you set then via code?

With mscomm1
.PortOpen = True
.Output = "ATQ0V1DT 915555555555" & vbCr

Let me rephrase it. When I goto the CMD line and REGSVR32 "C:\Windows\Sysmtem32\MSComm32.OCX", it processes fine. I can see it as a selectable resourse in the References menu option, but when I post it on a form I get an OLE server error and none the type-ahead methods or properties work for me in VBA. It's like I can see it, but not use it.

What is the date of your OCX? I had a similar problem once and went to an earlier version. Mine is dated 6/24/98 and works great with Access 2000 and above.

Actually, that is the one that I would be using. On one machine, I have been able to do the menu option Install, OCX Control and it shows the icon and I can work with properties in VBA. The real machine I need it work on though, gives me an OLE register or server error.

Would there be a method(install proc.) to the madness that I am not following properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back