Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSComm and Autodialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRQuestion

Technical User
Jul 16, 2002
US
Hi,
This is a two-part question. I've written an application in access 2k w/VBA that uses the MScomm control. This app dials a phone number outpulses digits to navigate a phone menu, then outpulses a dial string IE.. "Area Code - Exchange - 3200". Hangs up then dials again, navigates and out pulses the next consecutive extension IE.. "Area Code - Exchange - 3201" until I have outpulsed all the extensions I have.

First question: After outpulsing....

msComm1.outPut = "ATDT9" & EightHunNum & ",,,,,,,1," & AreaCode & Exchange & Extension & ",,,,,,1" & vbCrLf

....the modem hanges up. I would like to outpulse more digits to navigate the menu further after more proccessing but cant seem to keep the modem from hanging up any ideas?

Second question: When this application runs it hogs all of the processor and effectivly locks the machine from doing anything else. Is there anything I can do to free up the pc for other applications.

Thanks in advance,

MrQuestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back